Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wintery weather setting in!

Ahhh, finally, it will feel like December again, here in the land of Oz. Outside, the rain is pattering on the roof and soaking into the parched ground. Tomorrow, I envision a day near the fireplace, cozy and crackling flames warming the room around us. Staying in. (Except for the Walmart run I have to make. And exchanging kids with my sister-in-law--she has my daughter, I have her son!). Cranberry candle burning, its scent drifting through the kitchen; Bing Crosby crooning out the Christmas songs in the background.
Perhaps I shall attack my list of treats to make--fudge being a priority! One batch PB and a batch or two of chocolate. That may depend upon how my teething toddler is doing--today was less than "good" and I'm hoping tonight offers better sleep than last night did. It also may depend upon how my laundry goes--as of now, I have 2 loads going and 2 lined up waiting. Kind of takes precedence, even the week before Christmas.
My wrapping is done--3 gifts per child doesn't take too long. (Hey, if 3 is good enough for Jesus, then surely, it will suffice for our children too). And hopefully their sweet little faces will still light up as the wrapping is torn off, on Christmas Eve. Then there will be stockings Christmas morning, before we set off to my in-laws for festivities. I'm so excited that Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday this year; what a lovely way to begin the holiday--exactly where we should be, celebrating the birth of Our King.

No comments: