Friday, August 24, 2007

Today is a delightfully overcast; the winds are blowing gray clouds to cover the pale blue in our late summer sky. I can hear the delicate clanging of my wind chime as it sways from its perch. We had a brief shower of rain this morning, but not enough to soak our grass…so I am (of course) hoping for more before the day is over. Crunchy granola bakes in my oven this afternoon, filling our home with its honey-cinnamon scent. It will be a lovely snack, with golden raisins and dried cranberries added to it, once it has cooled. It is these simple things I am thankful for, this week. J

We are in a period of adjustment, as my husband has just changed work locations (inconveniently and more expensively—to the other side of town!). Along with this, comes a great deal of hours changes as well. Not all a bad thing, as he will likely work a few less hours per week—but—we will all be adjusting to the changes, as he will work most evening hours now. And his days off will vary from week to week, including the addition of Sunday hours to his new schedule (but not every Sunday, thankfully). So, our week has been filled with discussion of these changes, and I haven’t figured out my new routine yet, with him home each morning. School has been hit and miss I’m afraid, but we should begin working towards normalcy next week. Amidst the disruption, I am thankful that he has a job, when many do not.

I am thankful that our home is dry, and not full of mud or flood-waters as are many homes in Oklahoma, Ohio, Wisconsin, and other areas recently ravaged by unforgiving rainfalls, mudslides, and so forth. The death count from these floods is nearly 30; what unexpected tragedies for these families. I am thankful that we are (for this moment) safe as we go about our lives. Only God knows what tonight will bring, what tomorrow will bring, and what our future holds. I am grateful that I can rest in His peace, knowing that whatever He allows, He will also give the grace to handle it. Easier said, than practiced, when times of trial come, isn’t it? The depth of our faith is revealed in fire.

Another thankful item…my fellow blogger and friend TaunaLen has generously offered me a "Nice Matters" award on her blogs. So sweet of her! Thank you, Tauna! I think I could easily award it to any of my favorite blogs! I am grateful for my friends in this xanga community, and also, for the many bloggers I find in other blogging communities. I am amazed at the wonderful ideas, recipes, hints, advice and information that I can read through, with only the light tap of my mousepad. Using bloglines, or another feed, I can group my favorite blogs together, and it is like putting together my own magazine, specifically tailored to my personal preferences for subject matter. I’m thankful for the few moments I have every day or two, to browse blogs, print new recipes, jot down new books to review, and generally be encouraged and inspired.

1 comment:

TaunaLen said...

Your thankful post always inspire me. They're great. I love your "own magazine" process with bloglines. Hope all falls into a comfortable routine with your hubby's work schedule changes. Have a great weekend!

~TaunaLen