Monday, March 1, 2010

Bits and Pieces of today

It's been months and months since I've written here...time slips by quickly with 4 children underfoot and homeschooling and all the things necessary to keep our home running smoothly. "Smoothly" is relative. :) And so now, we are anxiously awaiting the birth of baby #5. I've reached that point where I am ready and willing to go through labor to get this baby out!! (And that's with natural childbirth, as our babies are born at home).

For today, however, I am thankful for the blessing of a new (gently used and stored awhile) sofa which is in such better shape than our old one. 4 jumping children and lots of daily use certainly took the spring out of our old one. This one is firm but comfortable and slightly smaller (good for limited space!) and in such great condition. I'd prayed on occasion, for God to somehow provide a new-to-us sofa as I noticed the wearing down of our old one. We watched a nearby Salvation Army store, to no avail. I'm so grateful now, that my prayers were answered. Our furniture works in a "cozy" setting, but is certainly not a matched set; all good seating though, very functional, and coordinated, thanks to the use of blankets here and there!

On another grateful note, we found a gas stove (small, but with great BTU's) that is decorative and perfect for an upstairs living area. On clearance! My Dad has a good eye. Anyway, we just had it installed yesterday (a new gas line run) and it was so lovely to wake up and make tea and sit there, near the flames and warmth. This particular room has a wonderful bank of windows, but the draftiness is terrible. Not anymore! Yippeee! I had hoped we could have the stove installed before our baby comes, so I can enjoy a few cozy mornings with him...maybe some chilly Spring evenings too, in front of the low flames.

Thank you God, for these small blessings of yesterday.

My "pre-baby-to-do-list" has been mostly whittled away. Bit by bit, day by day. We are ready. Oh, sure, it will be great if we can get the floors mopped again...and I do need to finish his little quilt. But the must-be-done items are crossed off now. Any other projects can be done in small spurts as I have the time and energy. Sorely lacking the latter, here, in these last days of pregnancy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on baby #5! I'm excited to hear about another homebirther! Your new stove by the windows sounds wonderful.

MidnightMom said...

Thank you! I love the world of home-birthing :) We had a water birth with baby #4, and are hoping (planning) for the same this time around. Still haven't figured out why EVERYONE doesn't home-birth whenever possible!! ;)

Anonymous said...

If we have another baby, I am definitely going to do a water birth! As a doula, I have yet to attend a homebirth with a client, which saddens me. I wish more people considered that option.