Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day

Saint Patrick’s Day napkins…I forgot to set them out on our table. Fortunately, they will be used throughout Spring and Summer! As I read the book Saint Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland by Tomie dePaola, the children enjoyed Irish Soda Bread, St Patrick’s Day Punch, cheese squares, and apple slices. Later on, we added Pistachio Green Fluff (as we call it!) to our dinner menu, and enjoyed St Patrick’s Day cupcakes. The kids really enjoyed “celebrating” (and wearing green!) and I hope to keep a closer eye on opportunities to create special days throughout the year.

We skipped school today, although my oldest two had their violin lessons. Our local schools are on Spring Break, but we are not officially taking time off, so I figured we could skip today. I hope to be finished with our Spring term so that we can take the month of May off, before beginning our Summer term. (We school year round for maximum flexibility). We’ve had gorgeous weather the last couple of days--70s--and so we’ve spent our afternoons outdoors, well into the evenings. Tomorrow may be fairly nice, but cooler temps are on the way for the remainder of our week.
My husband hasn't been home with us the last couple of evenings; I'm looking forward to the weekend, and having him around again!

No comments: