Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Week's Worth of Blessings

Well, another week has come and gone...and a busy one around our home, it was! So, I completely missed my usual “Thankful Thursday” post, without even realizing it. Oops. But I must say, despite some normal difficulties encountered, the week did hold plenty to be thankful for. Today I will call them “Blessings”.

I’ve said this before, but we really do have a wonderful library system in our city, and I’m so thankful for this resource! I particularly enjoyed checking out a few books for myself this week.

A delightful new e-zine publication, Seasonal Delights, just in time to welcome in the season of Autumn. I enjoyed printing some of the lovely pages this week, which included new recipes to try!

My friend and “Japanese sister” (we go back to high school, when she came to America to complete her education) came by for a visit this week. She even brought me a Starbucks. What a way to start the day!!

Just a few days after praying about some of our family needs, another friend (also from high school!) brought over 3 bags of clothing for my children! Her 3 kids are each about 1-2 years ahead of mine (by age) and so their outgrown clothes work perfectly for my kids. Among the items is a winter coat for my youngest...winter coats for my older two were received several weeks ago as well. It is an amazing blessing to receive hand-me-downs, and it is a pleasure to turn around then, and pass our outgrown items to another family and keep the circle going.

My blood sugar levels have been relatively easy to maintain with this pregnancy; at least so far! I do try and be careful to keep my protein intake high and my carb intake lower, but it is truly a blessing to be somewhat relaxed about it. (I had gestational diabetes in my last pregnancy, and therefore have strong potential to develop it again).

I received the “Nice Matters” award from another blogging friend on xanga. If you haven’t met Karen, do drop by and say “hi” to her. She is raising a large family, but somehow makes it look easy and delightful. I’ve been inspired to relax and enjoy my growing family, through reading her blog for over a year now. Her compliments to me were so sweet and humbling, and it is truly a delight to be an encouragement to the other ladies I meet, or those who simply drop in to read my blog.

Another hour or so, and I will be finished going through my children’s clothing for the next season...this becomes a bigger job with each child, but is a necessary one, and I don’t mind doing it at all. It just takes some time and patience.

My eyelet-trimmed baby quilt is completed (a simple patchwork), along with a few other small sewing projects. If our digital camera was working, I’d take photos to post. I love to sew, and it is a joy to have time here and there to work on this hobby.

A fresh new week is just around the corner, and with it, will come a couple days of cooler temperatures, and the possibility for rain; which we really do need. Some fresh air will be wonderful and we might just have some perfect ‘outdoor’ days ahead!

My husband and my children are always cherished. Oh, we have our days, our moments...there are times I really feel the need to escape to the nearest Starbucks...but I am so thankful for each of them, and for this precious life I carry. She is becoming quite active and I love the frequent reminders of her presence, which come along with every roll and kick!

No comments: