Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Today is a junk mail day. I hate junk mail days--those days in which nothing interesting comes in the mail. Ordinarily, mail might not be "an event". But for a homeschooling Mom of (almost) 4, well, life gets s-l-o-w around here, and there are days that even internet buzz is slow. On such days, it is a delight to find something of interest in the mailbox. Y'know...a glossy new magazine; perhaps Martha Stewart...or...well, that's my only current subscription, and although I love the magazine, she sure needs to step into REAL LIFE someday. LOL. Even the jail stint didn't do it! Maybe I need to add something else! Anyway, maybe a personal letter or card might come, an unexpected check (yeah, that's a rarity, but we praise God when it happens!)...maybe a much-anticipated Netflix movie (even if it's for the kids, then, hey! Mom might get a break!). Something, anything...grocery ads with which to menu plan.... I digress.

But today, there was NOTHING. A pathetic flyer of non-ads and a single envelope hiding some ridiculous offer. Straight into the trash it went. Oh, what a lovely thing it would have been, if a new magazine had come! But it did not.

And to add to the day's misery, I have a nasty headache--which I've medicated, but to no avail. It is all sinus-related. Thanks to the lingering cold I have. And my toddler has caught it as well. The good thing about that is simply that I give myself permission to medicate her at night time--which means--she'll fall asleep early. Hopefully. But I'd still rather she were healthy. My head is throbbing. That kind of throbbing in which it makes my stomach nauseated. Yuck.

No comments: