Friday, November 24, 2006

Here I am...

Well, I've done it...I'm here. And ready to blog. :) I opened a blog once before. And then I learned an important lesson in the blogging world--DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOU KNOW. Why? Because you lose the ability to say what you want to say. You can be honest, but only to a point...you cannot mention names...you cannot be specific...you may not be able to be authentic in your writing, depending on who you shared your blog url with (like your family, your in-laws, your friends and *not* friends--guess how I know?). Sometimes it's easier to talk to strangers. A sad reality. And now, my reality! Privacy! Because no one knows.

My name, "midnight mom" was derived from the fact that I am generally online late at night--and other times as well--but, it is nighttime once my house is finally quiet. I have 3 children; ages (almost) 8 and (almost) 5, and 15 months. Girl, boy, girl. Nighttime is my solitude...and then there is sleep. Which is what I should be doing right now. But instead, I am opening a new blog. Because I prefer solitude to sleep.

And in that solitude, I feel an odd need to connect...to a world of strangers? To the masses online? To anyone and yet, to no one in particular...to simply be known, and yet, not really. More accurately, then, to have my heart be known, but not my face. Yes, that's it. There's a world full of us--nameless, faceless, miles and miles away--and yet--known by our hearts. By our written words. By our blogs.

No comments: